Saturday, March 24, 2012

Gone Wonderin'

That's what I fastened on the door before heading down to the wondercon 2012, this year in aniheim, in the rain, with a girls volleyball convention (or tournament?) as well as a cheerleader convention (or tournament?) happening simultaneously at the convention center. 




It was interesting. On Friday it was awesome. The floor was easy to walk. I never once ran into anyone or bumped into anyone. Or felt as though I was being swallowed by a crowd. I was complimented on my shirt. The place was a nice low volume of people level. Etc.

On Saturday it was so busy that they had to turn away a Knight of Ni.



(Not really.)

Saturday was the type of day where you see a baby in an R2 unit. 





Paid $1 for a commissioned original of Thor by inking wonder Danny Miki,'s son.


I would definitely pick up a comic done by this kid.

Saw Ralph Bakshi, the Seeker (didn't realize how exited I would be about that) no Kailin though or Zed. Saw Lou Ferigno, not Sir Ridley Scott (DANGIT), no slave leias (that was a bit unsettling... con.. with no... slave leias?), Tom Servo, Crooooooooow (not really Crow), Jhonen Vasquez, The Axe Cop artist (no writer though... prolly had school), didn't see a whole heckofalot of Hunger Games things which was a surprise, found Tale of Sand, which is a lost screenplay of Jim Henson's. He wrote it with Juhl. The girl said it was about a guy who gets tossed into the desert with a map and told not to trust the map. Then he's attacked by something and something else and football players. She said it was crazy surrealism. Sold.




Axe Cop: Written by a 6 year old. Drawn by his 30 year old brother. So good.


I also made sure to boycott all Marvel items, comics, whatever. After what they did to Gary Friedrich (creator of Ghost Rider) I couldn't not. I would not expect a big corporation like them to give anything to the creator, but to steal from the sick and penniless... uuhggh.. disgusting. GRRM says it better here than I could so if you're interested check it out. http://grrm.livejournal.com/268609.html

And I didn't see this before (my sister Jenkins was the photographer at the con), but is that ODAMA with Luck-o-the-Irish Chewbacca???? How could I have missed that? Anyway... I missed all the panels I wanted to see, but it didn't really matter, I just love comic conventions.

Too bad my brother wasn't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment