Friday, November 9, 2012

Epiphany & Sunscreen

Another bit of NaNoWriMo inspiration fodder:

I had an epiphany. It came at an odd time, as epiphanies love to do. It came when I was answering a question. The person who I was talking to was worried about being original. To be honest, originality has always been very important to me, so I'm not entirely sure where this came from, but I said, "Don't try to be original. Just be honest." Like all epiphanies it wasn't original, but it was the truth...

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it." 
-C. S. Lewis

And now we have an oldie but goodie! (great... a cliche after my originality and honesty epiphany.. well two steps forward ones step back.. Damn! I did it again!)

If you have never heard the Sunscreen Song, which actually started out as a commencement speech, you should definitely check this out..







No comments:

Post a Comment